The Dow Jones closed with a rise of 0.86 per cent and recover 14,000 points
New York, 22 feb (EFE).-Wall Street today intensified its gains in the final stretch of the session and the Dow Jones de Industriales, its main indicator, rose 0.86% to recover 14,000 points driven by technological Hewlett-Packard (HP).
That index, which brings together 30 of the largest publicly traded companies us.UU., added 119,95 points to finish at 14.000,57 units, while the selective S & P 500 gained 0.88% (13,18 points) up to 1.515,6 units, and the composite index of the market Nasdaq 0.97% (30,33 points) until the 3.161,82.
Wall Street recorded those solid gains on a day marked by the good reception that had the results from HP, which soared 12.28% after announcing that it won 1232 million dollars in the first quarter of its fiscal year 2013, 16 percent less year on year but above what analysts estimated.
Green day numbers also influenced the new increase in German investor confidence, which clinched the bags of the old continent, as well as the rebound effect, since Thursday, Wall Street suffered its worst fall for two days so far of the year.
Thus, only five of the 30 components of the Dow Jones closed the day on negative ground, led by the medical insurer United Health (- 1.39%).
On the positive side highlighted, apart from HP, the manufacturer of soft drinks Coca Cola (2.15%), the Home Depot chain (1.86%), financial American Express (1.67%), DuPont (1.55%) Chemistry and JPMorgan Chase Bank (1.37%), among others.
It also finished upward Aeronautics Boeing (0.86%) a day was published that it has submitted to the US aviation authorities.UU. a series of proposals to fix the lithium batteries that have been causing problems with its 787 Dreamliner, which has not been able to fly a month.
Outside the index, retailer of clothing and fashion accessories Abercrombie & Fitch fell 4.46% after presenting results that failed to convince investors.
On the other hand, market Nasdaq said the fall of 5.04% of the Canadian Blackberry, while social networking site Facebook was 0.56% and rose Yahoo (1.87%), Apple (1.06%), and Google (0.53%), among many others.
In other markets, the Texas oil climbed to 93,13 dollars per barrel, gold fell to 1.572,4 dollars an ounce, the dollar climbed against the euro (which was changed to 1,3186 dollars), and the profitability of the US debt to 10 years moved back to 1.97%.
Spread the News
Latest Forex News
- Since Fabrega came to the BCRA, the weight is devalued to 80% annualized
- Gas reserves in Peruvian site surged 2.6 TCF from 2011 to 2012
- The blue fell about 20 cents, the official dollar continues rising and the gap was reduced to 50 percent
- The Colombian peso climbing 0.19 percent against the US dollar
- Filipino Pacquiao is first classified by weight dominated by Mayweather
- The Mexican peso appreciates a 0.92% against the dollar
- Continuing decline of the dollar and euro on sale at Mexico City banks
- The Paraguayan guarani low 1.16% against the US dollar
- The Argentine peso depreciates a 0.46 percent against the euro
- The dollar maintained a gradual upward journey
- The Chilean peso appreciates a 0.73% against the dollar